Thursday, September 27, 2012

First Exposure to Community-Based Rehabilitation (CBR)


          If I am not mistaken, this is my six month of intership program in 1999. I was assigned in Little Flower Community Based Rehabilitation Center under the umbrella of Little Flower Convent. I vividly remember catering PWDs, particularly children with various impairments or disabilities in the satellite centers in Kennon Road and Marcos Highway.

         It was overwhelming carrying a paraplegic cerebral palsy child at my back, while walking down from the slope of the mountain. I felt the greatness of providing rehabilitation services in the community level.





          At the Park Circle, as a decider for the next move. I waved my hand to stop an express jeepney going to Mines View Park, paying Php 8.50 ($0.20) for a short trip ride . Along the Gibraltar Road, I asked the driver to drop me in Good Shepherd Convent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment